Saturday, September 15

The Cliff Royale photo shoot




Alvin and I were invited by Charina to shoot a resort called The Cliff Royale. It is located at the Ntional Road Bgy Baretto,Olongapo City.

Charina was actually recommended by her friend to the owner of the resort, Mrs. Elisa Montecastro. Since it was a “friendly/mutual” discussion among friends, there was no rate involved. In short Charina will shoot for free and invite friends along in exchange for free accommodation including transportation and food, hence the invite. Of course, I said yes. Being an amateur like Charina, it’s a good opportunity to hone my skill.

So I took a day off last Friday. Our meeting place was at Shell Gas station in Oliveros Edsa, Quezon City. When I arrived, a silvery-white-haired-woman immediately called me and asked if my name was Charina. I haven’t met Mrs. Montecastro but I got the feeling that it was her. So I introduced myself and true enough, it was Mrs. Montecastro.

Mrs. Montecastro is 78 years old. Though the white hair is apparent and with eye glasses on, she doesn’t look her age. She’s energetic and she can walk fast without stooping. She’s a retired teacher turned businesswoman. She’s an alumnae of UP Diliman and had taught at a public school for 20 years. She’s a well-traveled person. She had visited almost all the 7 wonders of the world. Wow! I hope to do that when I reached her age or even younger. =) The photos according to her will be used for advertisement purposes (i.e., brochure and for its website) to promote the resort. After a few minutes Charina and Alvin and Anthony, Alvin’s co-teacher, arrived at the gas station.

The resort was so called the Cliff because it was built along the cliff. The surrounding area is filled with establishments, restaurant and bar. You will not notice that there’s such a resort in the area. When you enter the gate, you will be surprised of the hidden view inside. The veranda is overlooking the vast ocean. There are villas with unique colors and eclectic structures, a fusion of modern concrete and nipa hut style. There’s a established walkway along the cliff going to the beach. Although it is still continuously being developed. A pool is yet to be excavated. A spa would definitely sell the resort. But it surely is a nice and relaxing weekend getaway.

Please click => The Cliff for more images. For details you may contact Mrs.Elisa Montecastro mobile no: 0917-8515273.

No comments: