Sunday, August 17

Cinderella

source:http://www.cinderellaonstage.com/press.php

I’ve watched the play Cinderella last night at the CCP main theatre with my friends, Mellany and Aileen. The play started at 8pm. I thought that I never gonna make it on time and catch the play. Well, actually I was partly to blame because I left past 6pm in the office, as usual I finished some stuffs. Traffic was so bad... Mellany and Aileen, together with some of their colleagues, left their office at 4:30pm. Their office is quite far, it’s in Sucat, that’s why they left early. They got there at 7pm and were able to grab quick snacks before the show.

Cameras were not allowed inside the theatre. CCP is quite strict. This has always been the rule in CCP unless you secure permit from the administration. Well, don’t even think that it’s easy to get one. Don’t even attempt. They only allow official photographer to cover the event. How I wish I could take pictures. The production designs were elegant. The artists wore colourful dresses and their faces were very expressive exuding their own characters.

Lea Salonga played the main character, Cinderella. In fact she’s the only Filipino included in the play. Lea really stands out with her voice. She sings gracefully. It’s very pleasing to the ears. I can understand every words coming from her mouth as she speaks very clearly.

The crowd was a mixture of adult, yuppies and kids. Yes kids accompanied by teachers and guardians. We’re seated in the balcony. In the middle of the play you’ll hear, “PSSSSSSSST”, a gesture from an adult commanding kids to stop chatting. It’s quite annoying, as if they’re competing with the characters on the stage. They have their own little play on the side. There’s a romantic scene between Cinderella and the Prince, the two characters kissed then suddenly “EEEEWWWE”, a teensy weensy voice definitely coming from a kid, screech from the side of the balcony. The romantic scene turned comical as everyone in the gallery can’t help but laugh. Kids! hehehe :)

I enjoyed the play. It’s amazing to see Lea again with her stunning performance. All the artists were really great. Congrats!

No comments: