Wednesday, August 5

Farewell, Beloved President Corazon 'Cory' Aquino

I was 10 years old when Senator Benigno Aquino Jr. was assassinated. At an early age I wasn't aware of the social issues that brought the death of this man. But one thing for sure I knew that it made a great impact in our history. I remembered witnessing the crowds lining at EDSA following a flatbed truck carrying the remains of Sen Benigno Aquino Jr. And the rest was history.

Now, I witnessed how this nation grieved once more for the lost of the beloved president, Corazon 'Cory' Aquino. As I'm more aware now as I was 26 years ago, it feels good to be part of that history and being a Filipino. Hindi rin naman nasayang ang mga pinaglaban ni 'Cory' para sa mapayapang Kalayaan.

To me, the death of Pres. 'Cory' was an awakening to all Filipinos to do good and not to think of themselves but the welfare of others as well. I just hope that the death of the beloved Cory will not just be a reminder for us. Every Filipinos should act together and move this country where it should be.

To our beloved President, Corazon 'Cory' Aquino, Maraming Salamat! You made us all proud being a Filipino.

Please visit GMANews.Tv for the link.




For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV

No comments: