Wednesday, June 30

Inaugural celebration of Pres.-elect Benigno Aquino III



Early today, I got a text message from my friend Mellany. She said she wanted to go to Quirino Grandstand and asked me if I wanted to go and take pictures. I asked her what time we'll meet as it was past 10am already in my watch. I thought that she wanted to see the inaguration which actually starts 12noon. Mel's plan was to actually go there and take post inaugural pictures, and so we'll meet around 3-4:00pm.

Since I'm meeting Mel past 3pm, I tuned in on TV and watched the inauguration of our new President, Benigno Aquino III. After the program, I took a bath and prepared my things when Mel texted that it looks like it's going to rain. She asked me if it's okay to cancel our plan, although it was sunny in Quezon City. Mel told me that she had an irritated eyes as well. So I said 'okay and no problem'. At least I can take a rest.

But later in the afternoon, I decided to check out the street party and inauguration celebration at the Quezon Memorial Circle since it was near our place. I went there past 5:00pm. The entrance was jam-packed as policemen were inspecting people coming in. Liquors were prohibited inside. At the entrance, a yellow sticker with inscription 'presidential security' was issued for those with camera before coming in. As the label implied, it's for security reason...

I didn't stay long in the area as it was already crowded. I'm prespiring all over, so after taking few shots of the event, I left already.

Please click this link to see other photos: Quezon Memorial Circle

2 comments:

J. said...

gaganda ng shots mo! I specially like that kid (?) with a yellow headband and the black and white shot of the monument(?) hihihi walang kupas juvs!!! =) - joyce

juvy_juvs said...

thanks joyce!
how's lovelife??? hope all is well with you. =)