Sunday, April 1

Christening of Shiloh-Markell

baby Shiloh The cute baby girl in the picture is Shiloh Markell Palma. Shiloh (named after actress Angelina Jolie's daughter) is definitely little hollywood princess to her both parents Mark and Marichu. She was born on January 17,2007 and yesterday was her "binyag" or christening as they call it in Catholic church.

Marichu requested me to cover the photo shoot of her little princess' christening. At first I didn't mind her because it's just her way of playing jokes on me. Then she gave me an invitation and reaffirmed that I need to be at EDSA Shrine Church at 10:30 to take pictures of Shiloh's baptismal. I was apprehensive or shall I say I'm not confident to handle the shoot.

Shiloh with daddy Mark It was my first time to handle a bapstimal shoot which is completely different to what a usually shoot (i.e. landscape). It was hard. I felt awkward giving directions to my subject like reminding them to smile, do a little posing, positioning my subject either from left or right side, etc. I really need to improved more on my building-rapport-skill. Well, I’ll just consider this as a practical application of my photography workshop which is a good start. Tomorrow our topic is all about portrait and lighting and practice shoot with a model.

I enjoyed though and I'm grateful to Marichu and Mark for this opportunity and for trusting me.

No comments: