Saturday, August 18

Skate Asia'07



Skate Asia'07 started last Aug12 and ended today at Mall of Asia (MOA). Alvin invited me to join this photo ops with sir Ador, whom covered the event for Fuji Film.

It was raining hard this morning. I was feeling lethargic to wake up and hesitant to join today's photo shoot. Alvin texted and told me "bangon ka na, kita tayo MOA ha" (please get up, i'll see you at MOA). Alvin just bought a SIGMA 50-150mm lens and excited to use it today. Okay, I got up reluctantly, prepared breakfast and took a bath. The rain hasn't stopped. The event starts at 9:00am and am I still home waiting for the rain to stop. Alvin together with Charina were already at MOA. It was past 10:00am when the rain stopped and so I hurriedly got my bag and camera and went to MOA.

The competition was ongoing, I arrived 11:15am at MOA. I texted and called Alvin on his mobile phone but no reply from him. Alvin may have not noticed his phone ringing because of the loud background music. It wasn't really hard to locate them because their apparatus are so obvious. The mere flash would lead me to the photographers' corner. I first saw sir Ador with his 70-200mm lens from the opposite side then Alvin and Charina.

I'm also excited to see the new lens that Alvin recently bought. I joined them and had a great time taking photos of the young figure skaters. It's good to have a telephoto lens specially when shooting moving and far subjects like this situation. Here are some photos (link: Skate Asia'07) I managed to take with my 24-70mm lens.
c(",)

No comments: