Sunday, August 5

Planning for wedding…



My brother, Buboy, is married to Janelma for more than 3 years. They had civil wedding and would want to renew their vows in church. My parents promised to give them church wedding next year and both gladly appreciated it.

Of course, they’ll need a wedding planner. My mom and sister had appointed me to be the wedding planner/coordinator. So it means if this didn’t turn out well, they all have to point their fingers on me. How I wish it’s my own wedding that I’m actually planning =). Well, I guess I should treat this as a practice preparation for my future wedding which only God knows when! Hahah!

So initially I prepared a checklist that would help us in the preparation. Last Saturday, Janelma together with her sister, Janilyn and I went in Quezon City and look for the prospective church. Buboy had to work that day so he wasn’t able to join the search.

We visited two churches, the first church was Sta. Rita de Cascia Parish located inside Philamlife Homes, just walking distance from MRT North station. We met the staff named Jane. She’s very accommodating and very helpful in attending to our queries. She gave as a leaflet/wedding requirements. The wedding package cost PhP12,000 inclusive of the following: clerical jobs (pre and post wedding); stipend for the priest solemnizing; fresh flower dĂ©cor; carpet use; electricity consumption for video coverage and marriage fee for local civil registrar; The church also has a social hall for reception which has a capacity of 250 persons. It costs PhP 8,000 with reservation fee of PhP 1,000 and PhP1,000 caterer’s fee. They have five (5) wedding time slots in Saturdays which starts at 8:30am followed by 10:00am, 11:30am, 2:00pm and 3:30pm. We requested to be tentatively enlisted on July 14, 2008 (Sat) at 11:30am slot.

Sta. Rita de Cascia Parish Church

The second church was Mt.Carmel Parish near Broadway and St.Paul College,QC. We inquired at the office for the wedding package. The staff was not as accommodating as the staff of the first church. The lady staff just pointed her finger on the bulletin board to see for ourselves the wedding package. The guard approached us and was kind enough to give us a flyer. I was actually copying the info on the board when he gave me the leaflet. “Naawa sa akin.” I had a chat with the guard and I learned that he will be retiring this year. He accompanied us to the social hall where there was an on-going set up of wedding reception. We took a peek and took photo of the venue.

Mt Carmel Parish

If I were to choose, I would like the first church. However, the reception hall is not as nice-looking as that of Mt Carmel’s, which is newer and bigger. It would take a good caterer to turn it into a lovely venue. More updates to come…

photos originally uploaded by Juvy Torno

No comments: